Wednesday 4 March 2020

Swimming Sports

Today I went to swimming sports. I was in two races. They were 1 length freestyle (33.3 m)  and 1  length backstroke. when I was called up for backstroke, I had butterflies in my stomach because it was my first time doing a length. After I did it I felt a bit proud. Then I did freestyle and that went very quickly but I came last. Then I waited a bit then I got changed because I was tired. then I ate most of the food in my lunch box. Then the people that were still in togs went for a free swim. We then left and went back to Kaniere School on the bus.
What swim are you best at?

1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Theo,
    Well done on writing such an awesome post about your school’s swimming sports. I am so impressed with the amount of detail you have included, as well as the way you recounted every single thing that happened while you were away. Ka pai for your efforts!
    You mentioned how you entered two races; the 1 length freestyle (33.3m) and the 1 length backstroke. What made you decide on these two races, and which one did you prefer?
    You also mentioned how you had butterflies in your stomach when you were called up for your backstroke race. Butterflies in your stomach are a completely normal thing, and even as an adult I still get them often. It is so important to stand up to your fears and worries and give everything a go, and I am so proud of you for still competing even though you were feeling a little anxious.
    After such a long day of swimming I don't blame you for eating most of your lunch. You must have been hungry and in need of refueling! What kind of food did you eat for lunch?
    You have done an outstanding job on this blogpost! I look forward to seeing some more of your work!
    Nga mihi

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful comment.