Friday 6 March 2020

Supermarket Trip

Yesterday the class went to the Supermarket for a trip.  We learned how to read food labels and how to estimate if it was healthy or not. We had 4 types of food to find and, see if it was healthy or not. at the start, we got given a piece of paper to see if it was healthy or not. The first area that we went to was the bread. Me and Jack R choose to do brown bread as healthy and white bread is unhealthy. The next area was the cereal and we choose Weet-bix as healthy and coco pops as unhealthy. Then we did the muesli bars, I forgot what we did, but after that, we left.
What store do you use for your groceries?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you found it interesting learning about the energy content in food. I was surprised at the amounts we are supposed to consume in a day and how much there is when you add it all up. I definitely think more about what I am consuming now that I know how to read the packets. It was also great t learn what all the different vitamins do to support our body. Do you think you will change your habits now that you are aware of the information you have learned ? I think it will make me think more about what I consume and the quantities that I eat.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your positive, thoughtful comment.